As the regional leader for CBRE’s San Diego, North Baja Mexico and Hawaii businesses, John Frager oversees more than 275 real estate professionals. He is responsible for the successful integration of multiple business lines while leveraging the expertise of CBRE’s professionals to ensure that clients seize opportunities and make highly informed decisions.
Mr. Frager also acts as chief of staff for the Pacific Southwest Division. In this role, he directly supports the president in the executive management and operations of the firm’s 18 local offices – including greater Los Angeles, Orange County, Phoenix, San Diego and Hawaii – and assists in the coordination and planning of business activities of Advisory Services.
Mr. Frager has spent over 26 years of his 34-year career in commercial real estate with CBRE, holding various executive positions. He has served on Americas Operating Management Board in two separate roles, and he received the CBRE James J. Didion Leadership Award twice and CBRE’s Market Leader of the Year Award for the Americas. From 2002-2010, Mr. Frager was President & CEO of Cassidy Turley San Diego.
After earning his degree in 1980 from the University of Southern California, Mr. Frager spent six years serving in the United States Navy. Upon completion of aviator training, he performed tours in the Philippines, Japan and Guam as a helicopter pilot before being appointed as the Special Advisor to the Commander of the Royal Saudi Naval Air Forces. While serving in Saudi Arabia, Mr. Frager was awarded a Naval Commendation Medal for his efforts in country successfully building relations with the Royal Saudi and French navies and establishing a permanent US Navy presence.
Community and Industry Involvement
- Pathfinder Partners Funds, Advisory Council
- San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce, Board Member
- University of San Diego, Board of Trustees
- Big Brothers & Big Sisters, past Chairman and Board Member
- Padres Pedal the Cause, Past Board Member
- YPO San Diego Gold Chapter, past Chairman
- University of Southern California (1980), B.A. Business Administration
- GE Corporate Financial Services, YPO/GE Presidents’ Course (2004)
- Wharton, Corporate Governance Course (2002)
- YCA Corp., Project Management Course (2000)
- Stanford, Advanced Management College (1999)
- Stanford, Financial Management (1999)
- UC Davis, Strategic Planning (1998)
- UC Davis, Analyzing & Improving Operations (1998)
- UC San Diego, Real Estate Finance & Development Courses