Michael B. McShea, Executive Vice President, is a co-leader of CBRE’s state and local government practice. Mr. McShea provides strategic planning, development advisory, brokerage and associated real estate services to government entities and education institutions nationwide.
Mr. McShea manages some of the nation’s most significant state and local government projects and portfolios. He was responsible for the oversight of a contract with the Government of the District of Columbia, involving the restructuring of over 1 MSF of municipal space under the auspices of the congressionally established Financial Control Board.
He has provided development advisory services for the College of William & Mary, James F. Oyster School, National Institutes of Health, Ann Arbor, MI, the City of Indianapolis and Miami, FL.
Mr. McShea has developed strategic plans for a variety of government entities including, most recently, the City of Oakland, CA, Fort Lauderdale, FL, Mobile, AL and the states of South Carolina, Florida and Maryland. He has implemented strategic real estate plans for the City of New York, as well as the states of Alabama, Arizona, Colorado and Pennsylvania.
Mr. McShea has been a guest lecturer on various topics involving corporate, municipal and educational real estate including:
- The National Association of College & University Business Officers (NACUBO)
- National Association of State Facility Administrators (NASFA)
- American Institute of Architects
- California Association for Local Economic Development
- Keenan Flagler Business School at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
- United States Conference of Mayors Outstanding Achievement in Public Private Partnership, City of Tulsa, City Hall Acquisition
- National Association of State Facility Administrators Outstanding Achievement Award, Portfolio Management with the State of Michigan
- Washington Business Journal Best Office Lease and Best Residential Development Transaction
- Bachelor of Science in Business and Management, University of Maryland
- City of Indianapolis
- City of Reno
- City of Sacramento
- City of San Diego
- City of Tulsa
- City of Mobile
- City of Oakland
- Cuyahoga County
- District of Columbia
- Fairfax County
- Marin County
- State of Alabama
- State of Florida
- State of Michigan
- State of New York